PANIC ATTACKS/ ANXIETY

Your heart is racing, your throat is tight and there’s a ball of lead in your chest. It’s one of the most uncomfortable feelings to experience and can seriously get in the way of your everyday life, but I have no doubt that it can be tamed and eventually disappear.

I'm not a doctor or a psychologist, just a person that has recently developed this weird feeling of panic and discomfort when threatened or faced with an alien situation. It's just my defense system going on full power and triggering a red alert, when most of the time it’s not needed.

All my life I heard people say, “I get panic attacks” or “I suffer from anxiety”, but I could never really relate to these people as I had never experienced it. 



"Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation." - Vannevar Bush -


I'm a fairly confident person and I wear my heart on my sleeve, but for the last couple of years I have been faced with a series of non-positive situations and met some seriously unkind people. I was on the wrong frequency of life and attracted very unlikable things. I truly believe that all these experiences which have happened one after another have lowered my confidence and as a result my mind created a mechanism to protect itself, preventing them from happening again.

It’s a little bit like an allergic reaction when you eat or touch something and your body reacts fairly quickly so you have to take anti-histamine. The remedy to anxiety or panic attacks is love, reassurance and self-confidence. Your friends and family may help here by reminding you that nothing bad is going to happen but the main part needs to come from within you.

Life will throw you in the strangest, most uncomfortable and very challenging situations, and the more you want out of life, the harder it will be, however the rewards are absolutely magical if you hang on and keep going. Amazing things do come to those who wait, as long as they have the right attitude. 

My panic attacks are getting better at a steady pace and I believe that I can overcome this strange reactions to evocative or odd situations, I'm not the type of person to settle for what I have, so being faced with unknown situations or people cannot get in my way and it shouldn't for you too. You must find the cause of your anxiety and what triggers the panic attacks, for me it’s usually people or situations that have hurt me in the past, or something that reminds me of them like places with bad memories.

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." - Anais Nin -

So when the feeling is coming I tune my mind to happy things and remind myself of the beautiful and loving people in my life. At first it's hard but the more you train yourself to feel love and happiness, the stronger you will get; and one day ultimately you will be amazed that you no longer let your insecurities rule your life.

LIVE IN LOVE AND LEAVE THE FEAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment